Job Announcement: Bookkeeper/Office Administrator
Pomegranate Center is searching for a part-time Bookkeeper/Office Administrator. The selected candidate will be a key team member at Pomegranate Center, providing support for the administrative and operational needs of the organization. We are looking for a people person that is highly organized and can thrive in our fast-paced, multi-directional environment.
The selected candidate will report to the Executive Director and support the Pomegranate Center team through effective financial management and tracking, and administrative support as needed. Our top candidate has excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills; an ability to work effectively with management team, volunteers, and interns; strong quantitative skills; and is mature and self-motivated.
- Work closely with our off-site Accountant and Executive Director on financial management functions
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Banking and related functions
- Human Resources: Benefits, payroll, staff hours, maintaining employee records, compliance with internal and external employment procedures and regulations
- Contract preparation and review
- Preparation and distribution of internal and external reports and financial statements
- Track cash flow
- Miscellaneous office tasks such as ordering supplies, answering phone, arranging travel plans, and more
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- 1-3 years’ experience in similar work
- Computer proficiency, including experience with Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel and Word
- Interest in community development and experience in nonprofit sector preferred
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Organizational ability with strong self-starting skills
- Ability to assess priorities and work well under pressure; excellent time management and problem solving skills
Founded in 1986, Pomegranate Center’s mission is to bring people together to build stronger communities. For the first 25 years of the organization, Pomegranate Center provided community building services and leadership to neighborhoods and cities across the Puget Sound. Today, the organization is working on local and national levels to train organizations, agencies and individuals in its powerful, effective, and unique community building model. Along the way, we are involving hundreds of community members in designing and constructing art-filled and beloved community spaces.
Our office, currently in Issaquah, will be relocating to Seattle within the next 3-6 months.
The position is 10-15 hrs/wk., at $20-25/hr DOE. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter via electronic mail to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as received, with priority consideration given to applications received by March 24th. No phone calls please.
Pomegranate Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, faith, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.