Now Hiring: Development & Communications Manager
Position Summary: We are seeking an organized and energetic professional with strong project management and communication skills to help us tell our story and manage our development efforts.
This position will work closely with the Executive Director to support major-donor cultivation and solicitations and work independently to steward and solicit low to mid-level donors. Additional key responsibilities include applying for and managing grants, submitting requests for qualifications, and coordinating events.
This position is also expected to take a leadership role in strategizing and generating content for our outreach and communications. Our ideal candidate is able to translate our programmatic work into compelling, consistent, and effective materials for a variety of digital and print platforms.
Our Development and Communications Manager will be a key player in a dynamic and growing team at a respected and proven non-profit.
- Work with the Executive Director to support major-donor solicitations.
- Work independently to steward and solicit low to mid-level donors, including maintaining a donor/funder database.
- Plan benefit/stewardship events of different sizes and venues.
- Craft a comprehensive communications strategy and create successful content for fundraising, network, and business development.
- Solicit and edit copy from other contributors.
- Research and apply for grants and, once secured, track grant requirements and ensure compliance.
- Seek out and respond to RFP’s and RFQ’s for programmatic work.
- Act as a key team member to implement and support the organization’s goals and programs.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in non-profit fundraising, communications and/or business development.
- Passion for Pomegranate Center’s mission.
- Excellent written, graphic and verbal communication skills.
- Excellence in MS Office, database management, and graphic software, including Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Experience in project and event planning.
- Experience with applying for and tracking grants.
- Ability to work in a small collaborative team and be flexible with changing conditions.
- Experience with Salesforce or other constituent management software.
- Video editing experience.
About Pomegranate Center:
Founded in 1986, Pomegranate Center’s mission is to strengthen communities through collaborative placemaking. For the first 25 years of the organization, Pomegranate Center provided community building services and leadership to neighborhoods and cities across the Puget Sound. Today, the organization is working on local and national levels to train organizations, agencies and individuals in its powerful, effective and unique community building model. Along the way we are involving hundreds of community members in designing and constructing art-filled and beloved community spaces. Our office, currently in Issaquah, will be relocating to Seattle within the next 6-12 months.
The Position is 30-40 hrs/wk., $45k-$60k full-time equivalent. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should send a resume, cover letter, one writing sample and one graphic sample (writing and graphic samples can be the same document) via electronic mail. Applications will be reviewed as received, with priority consideration given to applications received by September 16th. No phone calls please.
Pomegranate Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, faith, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or disability.