Fall Training Registration Open!
Now more than ever, our communities need help working together, they need new models, and they need new leadership. Community engagement work takes time, and we’re here to provide the tools and structure to make this work easier. Our training will give you more confidence in your facilitation skills, more competency around community process, and more connections to a network of like-minded individuals doing the gritty work of community engagement. Pomegranate Method graduates will have the opportunity to stay in touch with both Pomegranate Center and fellow graduates through our exclusive Facebook group and trainees-only newsletter.
In our two-day introduction to the Pomegranate Method, you’ll learn how to fully engage communities in a productive and creative process, while creating broad ownership over your project. Each day is a mix of lecture, practice, and discussion led by the dynamic duo of Milenko and Katya Matanovic. New this time is an optional third day held the following week–think of it as chance to continue the conversation started in the first two days of training with a few days in between to process what you learned. Topics to be covered include:
- Structure and implement decisive planning processes while maximizing community ownership.
- Be an effective facilitator who ensure that participants walk away feeling included and understood.
- Strategically handle difficult personalities that threaten collaboration.
- Translate public input into effective solutions quickly and collectively.
- Use an “Early Success” to keep people inspired and engaged.
Date: October 20, 21, and (optional) 25, 2017
Time: Friday & Saturday, 9:00am-4:00pm and (optional) Wednesday, 3:00-7:00pm
Location: 220 2nd Ave S., Suite 405B, Seattle, WA 98104
Cost: $495 (sign up by 9/30 to receive early bird rate of $450)
Space is limited. Register today!
Questions? Email Katya at email@example.com.