Pomegranate Center’s Guiding Values
From the beginning, Pomegranate Center committed to be guided by this set of principles:
- Long Term Vision. Address immediate needs with solutions that will sustain future generations.
- Integrative Approach. Solve community problems by combining the insights of many disciplines.
- Reverence for Place. Respect local identity and natural setting, and respond to site-specific conditions
- Constructive Communication. Encourage positive dialogue.
- Inclusion. Bring forward diverse voices. See differences as gifts, and recognize that leadership, ideas, and expertise can emerge from anywhere.
- Practice-Based Learning. Learn and educate through hands-on involvement.
- Community Driven. Ensure participation, productive ownership, and stewardship by the community.
- Aesthetic Integrity. Create with imagination, improvisation, and artistry.
- Innovation. Stretch beyond the limits of conventional thinking.
- Initiative. Turn complex ideas into manageable projects that happen quickly.
- Celebration. Allow for humor and spontaneity.
Please visit our Projects Page to see the results of our approach.