Registration Now Open for Seattle Area Two-Day Training
Do you work with community groups?
Are you tired of public processes that get bogged down because they are unwieldy, ineffective, or meaningless? Are you sick of meetings that get hijacked by a boisterous few? Do you believe that community involvement is essential to creating successful public spaces and public policy?
In this two-day introduction to the Pomegranate Method, you’ll learn how to fully engage communities in a productive and creative process, while creating broad ownership over your project. Each day is a mix of lecture, practice, and discussion led by the dynamic duo of Milenko and Katya Matanovic.
Over two days, you’ll learn how to:
- Structure and implement effective and decisive planning processes while maximizing community ownership.
- Avoid common pitfalls for community meetings.
- Be an effective facilitator and ensure that participants walk away feeling included and understood.
- Strategically handle difficult personalities that threaten the collaborative process.
- Translate public input into effective solutions quickly and collaboratively.
- Use an “Early Success” to keep people inspired and engaged.
Date: April 21-22, 2017
Time: 9am to 4pm
Location: 2100 Building
2100 24th Ave S
Seattle WA 98144
Cost is $495 per person; sign up by 3/31 to receive early bird rate of $450.
A limited number of scholarships are available.